As part of a large capital improvement program to increase the hospital services in South Texas, Layton is expanding the existing hospital campus at the University of Texas Health Science Center in San Antonio.
The massive expansion of the University Hospital Medical Center includes the following:
- New 12-story trauma tower with penthouse
- New 3,300 space, 11-story parking structure with heliport
- 200,000 SF of interior renovations
- Multiple enabling projects including the demolition of existing structures and the relocation of 4 helipads
- 70,000 SF expanded CUP with extensive utility relocations
- Vertically expanded existing parking structure
- LEED project candidate
Extensive Building Information Modeling (BIM) was utilized to meet the agressive schedule and to weave construction activities within the normal existing normal functions.